Dalhousie Community Kindergarten Administrator (part time)
Part Time: Average of 10 – 15 hours per week, consisting of a mix of set weekday morning hours in the office and possible flex hours. Additional hours are spent at evening meetings for 10 monthly parent council meetings, 4 board meetings, and approximately 4 other evening events. Note that the position’s workload is significantly diminished through the months of July and August with no set hours and minimal income.
Start Date: Mid December or the start of January preferred.
Salary Range: $20 to $25 per hour
Background: The Dalhousie Community Kindergarten is an independent public kindergarten program operated by the Dalhousie Community Kindergarten Society (DCKS). The program has been in operation for over 30 years in the community of Dalhousie, and we pride ourselves on our long-standing reputation for excellence. Our program offers an enhanced learning environment with the provision of exciting activities and learning experiences. Ours is an integrated classroom, and we foster a strong sense of community within our families and our students.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who shares our passion for communities and families. This administrative position reports directly to the DCKS Board of Directors. Strong organizational and administrative skills are essential as are pleasant interpersonal, communication, and leadership abilities. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in an administrative environment and must have the ability to work independently for a small organization.
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities will include:
- Providing reliable administrative management of all business and operational affairs of the program including meeting government filing deadlines.
- Performing accurate bookkeeping (using QuickBooks) including payroll, payables and receivables, and timely financial reporting;
- Responding to all enquiries and providing timely and supportive communication that maintains the positive profile of the program and a high degree of professionalism;
- Managing relationships with parents and outside agencies with efficiency and in a positive manner;
- Supporting the work of the classroom teacher
- Reporting to the DCKS Board and providing effective support to its committees and parent council.
- Experience in a variety of administrative tasks that will demonstrate your ability to effectively manage communications, government filings, bookkeeping and financial reporting;
- Self motivation and the ability to work independently along with the willingness to cover a variety of tasks;
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills in support of establishing rapport and fostering a collaborative environment with program stakeholders;
- Ensuring confidentiality and adherence to established policy and procedure;
- The ability to assist with operational planning, organization and execution of the program;
- The ability and willingness to support families from diverse backgrounds and adapt, as required, to unique situations;
- Experience that will support your ability to operate in a digital environment which includes online filings, support of social media communications and maintenance of the program’s website and online surveys;
Candidates must also be able to perform physical tasks, including moving classroom equipment and furniture such as chairs and tables, toys, and supply boxes.
Apply with the following:
- Cover letter and resume
Interviews will begin after the first week of December. We appreciate all interest in this position, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.